A:Yes, upgrade your kitchen and baths will, in most cases, increase the value of your home (if done correctly!) But many improvements don’t need to cost much or require a contractor. There are many different projects for all price ranges and all levels of skill that can increase your home’s value. Here’s a list of a simple home-improvement that will help you get the most value out of your biggest investment.
- Refresh Walls – Pick a neutral paint color and make sure to even out any rough patches or scratches that might have developed over the years before painting.
- Install Crown Molding – It’s a simple change that gives your rooms a professional feel. It’s very simple to install with a simple nail gun.
- Update Fixtures – Look at the little things like doorknobs, switch plates and curtain rods. Are they outdated? If so, choose a consistent theme for your whole house and replace them room by room.
- Add Ceiling Fans – This improvement also saves energy, which is always considered a plus to potential homebuyers.
- Improve Window Treatments – A very simple improvement that makes a big different. Are you letting enough light in, or too much? Review your current window treatments for functionality and then consider what look best matches each room.
- Reveal and Restore Hardwood Floors – More and more buyers are looking for hardwood floors. While this project will take more time and resources, the rewards and increased home value will make it well worth the effort.
A:If you’ve started your project and think you might be in over your head, it’s okay to ask for help. Allensville works will many contractors and can provide a recommendation based on the project you have started to ensure you find the best fit.